Events in June 2018
This is an older post – to see our upcoming monthly events – click here
Every month we hold cultural and social events for our students and their friends to discover more about Japanese culture, meet new friends and practice Japanese. We are looking forward to seeing you there!
6/7 Thu: Lunch Tour in Kagurazaka Hanakagura
Every month, we organize a lunch tour at one of the many delicious restaurants in Kagurazaka area. This month, we’ll enjoy some delicious food at Hanakagura! If you want to join us make your reservation now!
- Date: Thursday, June 7, 2018
- 12:30 – 13:50
- Meeting at Coto Japanese Academy 1F
- upto 16 people
- Staff: Mutsuki S.
6/13 Wed: Cooking Class (Oshi-Zushi)
There are many ways of preparing Japanese sushi and every month we organize a cooking class for you to learn more about it! This month we introduce the way to make 押し寿司 (Oshi-Zushi). Have fun learning how to cook with us and take up the challenge to create beautiful norimaki for the eye and delicious for your palate!
- Date: Wednesday, June 13, 2018
- 12:40 ~ 13:50
- Venue: Coto Japanese Academy 1F
- ¥2500 (including material fee)
- upto 10 people
- Instructor：Emiko Shimizu
6/15 FRI: Discover KABUKI 2018
Want to take a step towards understanding more about the Japanese culture? Let us all enjoy and appreciate a Kabuki performance in the National Theater! Watch the performance of a masterpiece depicting the various emotions of ordinary people in the Edo period from the first-floor seats!
PartⅠ: How to Appreciate KABUKI in English
PartⅡ: Experience the live performance of Kabuki “Renjishi”
- Date: Friday, June 15, 2018
- Time: 18:30-21:30
- Venue:National Theater in Hanzomon
- Meeting time: 18:00, At the entrance
- Fee: 1st grade 4000 yen → 2500 yen ☆Special price for Coto members☆
- In order for everyone to get the chance to participate, tickets are limited to 2 per person
- Audio guide rental service is included. Available languages are Japanese, English, Chinese (Mandarin), Korean, Spanish and French!
6/20 Wed: Caligraphy Class
If you are interested in learning how to draw each and every stroke in the Japanese Kanji character, this event is for you! Every month, Coto Japanese Academy will hold a calligraphy class. Learn the basics of calligraphy along with the artistic way of writing kanji, you will be practicing on three characters as shown below. The instructor, Wakana Shingae, is a professional calligrapher. Grab this opportunity to experience the traditions of Japan and participate in our calligraphy class!
KANJI of this month： 雨 蛙 楽
- Date: Wednesday June 20, 2018
- 12:40 – 13:50
- Coto Language Academy 1F
- upto 9 people
- Instructor: Wakana Shingae
6/23 Sat: Pera-Pera Active Learning Night
Have you heard of the Japanese word “Perapera” ? It is used to describe someone who speaks a language very well! Coto’s Pera Pera Party is the perfect time for you to have a go at conversation in Japanese. Get the chance to practice your speaking with 20 Japanese native speakers and to chat about many topics in Japanese. During English speaking time… it will be your turn to be a teacher!
- Date: Saturday, June 23, 2018
- 18:15 – 21:15
- Place: Coto Japanese Academy 1F
- Fee: 1500yen
- Participants: Japanese Lerners 20 and Native Japanese Speakers 20
Last Updated on