Coto December Events Calendar 2017
Thursday, November 30: Lunch tour
Kagurazaka is an enchanting neighbourhood located 5 minutes from the Coto Academy, where you can find many shops, fancy cafés, traditional and modern restaurants. Every month, we organize a lunch tour at one of the many delicious restaurants in this area.
If you want to join us and discover Kagurazaka while enjoying some delicious food, make your reservation now!
- Date: Thursday, November 30
- Time: 12:30 – 13:50
- Meeting Point: Coto 1st Floor
- Price: ¥1500
- Restaurant: 鳥茶屋 (torijaya)
- Limit: Up to 18 people
Wednesday, DECEMBER 6: Cooking Class
Did you know that there are various different ways to make sushi? In this event, we will create an oshi-zushi design that is a real eye-pleaser. Once you’ve learned how to make it, it is easy to make this dish at home too. We can create interesting designs based on your ideas! We look forward to seeing you at this event.
- Date: Wednesday, December 6
- Time: 12:40 – 13:50
- Place: Coto 1st Floor
- Price: ¥2500
- Limit: Up to 10 people
Coto End of the year Party!
Saturday, December 9
What sort of year was 2017 for you? Come along for a friendly get-together and chat to mark the end of the year. We’ll hold a photo contest, games and have some dance time!
Our Photo Contest theme is « Tell us what is Japan to you? » (« これぞ日本！“ーあなたにとっての日本とは？ »). Grab this chance to win prizes!
- Date: Saturday, December 9, 2017
- Time: 19:30 – 22:00 (open 19:00, start 19:30)
- Place: Lowp Kitchen(http://kitchen.lowp.jp/) 3 min from Ichigaya station
- Price: ¥5,000 in advance, ¥5,500 at the door (includes food and all you can drink)
- Limit: Up to 100 people
- Photo Contest: the contest is limited to people joining the party. You may apply and send your picture until Dec. 4th.
Wednesday, December 13: Calligraphy class
If you are interested in learning how to draw each and every stroke in the Japanese Kanji character, this event is for you! Every month, Coto Academy will hold a calligraphy class. Learn the basics of calligraphy along with the artistic way of writing kanji, you will be practicing on three characters as shown below. The instructor, Wakana Shingae, is a professional calligrapher. Grab this opportunity to experience the traditions of Japan and participate in our calligraphy class!
December’s kanji: 冬 雪 聖
- Day: Wednesday, December 13
- Time: 12:40 – 13:50
- Place: Coto Language Academy 1F
- Fee: 2500 yen
- Number of participants: up to 10 people
- Instructor: Wakana Shingae