How to find and choose the Best Japanese Lessons for you in Tokyo or Yokohama
What is the best option for you?
Unfortunately, there isn’t an easy answer to this question.
The Best Japanese Language School and the Best Japanese Language Course is different based on your personal needs.
For Japanese Language Lessons – There are many options that we offer at both of our Tokyo Locations, as well as our Yokohama School and Online.
This blog will help break down some of the suggestions for which Japanese lessons are the best fit based on your needs.
What Types of Japanese Language Courses Do We Offer?
Which Japanese lessons are best for you?
There are many factors that will decide which type of Japanese lessons best fit you – at Coto, we offer several types of Japanese language lessons.
- Intensive Japanese Courses (Group)
- Private Japanese Courses (1-1)
- Part-time Japanese Courses (Group)
- Online 1-1 Japanese Lessons (1-1)
- Online JLPT Prep Courses (Group)
Deciding between these are determined by a number of factors:
- Availability (Yours and Ours)
- Level (is it appropriate for you?)
- Japanese Learning Goals (Will you be able to accomplish what you need to in the amount of time that you are studying?)
Our advice for choosing a Japanese language course:
- Get a free level check and determine your Japanese Level
- Consider what kind of time you can dedicate to self-study? (For those that have limited time – flexible scheduling is better.)
- Be realistic and objective about what your goals are – if you would like to pass the JLPT N2 and pursue a career in a Japanese language setting – you will need to dedicate significant time to study both in and out of the classroom.
That being said – here are a few summaries of the types of lessons that you can find.
Japanese Courses For Total Beginners
For Total Beginners, we would recommend our Japanese Crash Course for beginners.
This 4-week course will give you a practical fundamental understanding of Daily Japanese that you will use.
- Ordering at a restaurant
- Asking for directions
- Shopping at a store
- Making small conversations in Japanese
You can learn more about our Crash Course by watching the video below:
Intensive Japanese Courses for Short term / Long Term Japanese Study
If you are coming to tokyo for 3 months for the express purpose of study we would recommend our intensive courses.
If you have a very flexible work schedule or you would like to study long term with us – we would also recommend our intensive Japanese courses.
Our intensive courses are conducted in a group format with pair work in small groups. They cover all aspects of the language from Vocabulary, Kanji, Grammar, and speaking.
You can get an idea of what the classroom environment looks like from the following video:
Private Japanese Lessons
If you learn better in a 1-1 environment. We offer both in-school and online 1-1 private lessons.
Taking regular private lessons are great for students that have:
- A need to learn quickly for a specific purpose
- A busy schedule and a need to set very specific study times
- Need to study from home or work on a regular basis
Online Japanese Lessons
For those that have trouble traveling to our school locations, we offer the following online lessons.
- 1-1 Private online lessons
- 1-1 Private online speaking practice sessions
- Group online JLPT Prep Courses (N3,N2,N1)
Looking to take Japanese lessons in Tokyo or Yokohama?
Get in touch with us below!