Update about Covid-19 Safety Measures and Online Lessons – 3/26
Dear Coto Academy Students,
Thank you for your continued support during this time.
Remote Lessons / Online Classes
Following the announcement from the Tokyo Governor Koike on 3/25/2020 – We recommend that you take your lessons remotely if you are able to.
Notification for Remote Lessons Deadline
If you would like to take your classes online – please notify us by 6:00 PM the day before your scheduled class. You may do this through email at info (at) funjapanese.net
For example – if your class is at 9:30 AM on Friday – Please notify us by 6:00 PM on Thursday. If you miss this deadline we cannot guarantee to provide you with an online class environment.
In order to help students take classes online –
We have decided to use zoom meetings for our online classes. We will be using this technology to provide lessons online until April 30, 2020 – (Should the situation with Covid-19 persist we will update our policy and announce an extension prior to that time.)
Software Setup for Zoom Meetings
If you are unfamiliar with how to use zoom meetings – below is a link for a zoom meeting room.
Click on this link to install and test zoom.
Once you are inside the test room you will be able to check your microphone and video settings and make sure that they are properly set.
If you encounter any issues please contact us and we will help you to resolve them or visit this link to help troubleshoot common issues. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/sections/200305593-Troubleshooting
Safety Guidelines For students studying at the school:
We are still offering in-person lessons for those that would prefer visiting the school, however in order to ensure safety,
We ask that you follow the safety measures below:
- Wash your hands prior to visiting the school and before joining the class.
- Utilize the complimentary hand sanitizer.
- Check your temperature prior to visiting the school.
- If you are displaying any symptoms whatsoever – please stay home and attend your classes online.
- Before visiting the school, please kindly check your temperature and perform a health check. Please refrain from attending class if you do not feel well or are showing any symptoms of illness. These include headache, fever, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, or dry cough.
- You may be asked to return home if you appear unwell (fever, persistent coughing, etc.,).
- If you or a family member has tested positive for the novel coronavirus, we ask that you promptly inform us and refrain from coming into the school.
All coto teachers and staff are also following these mandatory safety guidelines. In addition – we are encouraging any teacher who volunteers to work from home – and teach classes online remotely.
Note for Students from Schengen Zone / EU / USA / Other countries
If you have recently arrived in Japan from any country under travel guidance restrictions – we ask that you comply with the mandatory self-quarantine order given by the ministry of immigration – and that you attend your classes virtually.
The above measures will be in force from March 2, 2020 to the end of April 30, 2020. As the situation develops, things may change.
For those that wish to delay their class start date due to a wish for in-person lessons – please contact us and we can work together to come to a solution.
We appreciate your cooperation and helping us stay safe during this time – we want to ensure the safety of all students and we can only do that with your help.
Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to helping you learn Japanese.
The Coto Japanese Academy Team
Last Updated on