Intensive Course Cancellations and Refunds
Can I receive a refund on my intensive course?
We understand that plans change and you may need to alter your study schedule.
Coto proccesses refunds based on when you withdraw from the class.
In some cases – we can offer a full refund. In other cases we offer a partial refund.
Please note that changing when you study with us is regarded as a cancellation.
So for example – if you were going to start intensive course in June, but then you decided to start in September – this would be counted as a cancellation.
If you are doing this before the required cancellation deadline – there is no penalty and you can shift your start date.
If you are leaving the country – we also offer the option to transfer your existing lesson credits / package to online course credits for our Online Courses
Below we have included our terms and conditions for our refund policies which can also be found in our terms and conditions at the bottom of the intensive application – as well as in full at our support base. (COMING SOON)
Please read the terms below to find out if you qualify for a refund.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
1. Refunds before the start of your course
● 15 days (or more) before the course starts: full refund, no charges.
● Within 14 days before to course commencement：tuition will be refunded minus a 15,000 yen cancellation fee.
2. Refunds after the course has started
● Tuition will be refunded minus a cancellation fee based on rules indicated below.
A) Coto Academy will keep the weekly tuition cost for the number of weeks completed.
B) Coto Academy will refund the weekly tuition cost for the number of weeks left, minus a 20% cancellation charge.
C) In the case B) exceeds 50,000 yen, the maximum cancellation charge will automatically be set at 50,000 yen.
All refunds will be made by the end of the month after approval of cancellation, by bank transfer, minus the bank charges.
1. In addition to filling out the cancellation request form. We recommend also notifying us by email at info (at) cotoacademy.com
2. Coto Academy retains the enrollment fee in the case of cancellation after course commencement.
3. Coto Academy accepts cancellation on a weekly basis only. We cannot process refunds with a pro-rated amount. Ex. If you were to cancel on tuesday – the full week would be counted.
4. Changing your course dates is considered as a cancellation. If you would like to withdraw from your course and start from a different month – cancellation policies and fees would apply.