Before You Arrive – Air Travel, Visa and Insurance

You are here:
< All Topics

Does Coto Academy provide assistance for the plane tickets and airport arrival?

We understand some students would like some assistance for their trip to Japan. Unfortunately, we cannot provide any assistance on this matter. We would recommend you to contact travel agencies in your country to organize your arrival in Tokyo.

Does Coto Provide Support for Student Visa, Cultural Visa or Tourist Visa?

Many countries benefit from visa exemption for short stay (15 to 180 days). Please check if your country benefit from the visa exemption on the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs’s website.

As of today, the citizens of the following countries can benefit from an extendable 90-day visa: Austria, Germany, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Mexico, Switzerland, UK. Those who wish to stay in Japan for more than 90 days are required to apply for an extension of the period of stay to the Ministry of Justice (Regional Immigration Bureau) before the period of permitted stay is to expire.

The working holiday programme in Japan is available for the following countries: Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Republic of Korea, France, Germany, The United Kingdom, Ireland, Denmark, Taiwan, Honk Kong, Norway, Portugal and Poland. Please refer to the official website to check your eligibility to the programme.

Would you be in need of a proof of enrollment for non-visa matters, we can provide the document after the completion of your application to our school.

Does Coto Provide Medical Insurance?

No, we do not provide medical insurance. However if you are staying in Japan for over 3 months, you can enroll in the National Health Insurance of Japan. You will find more information about insurance in Japan on the following website: Japan Health Information and Shinjuku City, Enrollment in National Health Insurance

Table of Contents